Photography Student Workshop in Maramures
We have run a few works shops like this now and it works well. The idea is we provide the logistics and accommodation in the heart of good photographic opportunities. We set each student up with a family to do a “week in the life of” so they can practice taking pictures and getting the story themselves, whilst having advice and help around if needed.
- Day one -Pick up from Cluj Airport in a micro bus, start driving towards maramures. We visit a Gypsy village and monastery along the way, stopping for a late lunch in a nice restaurant in Targa Lapus, stoping one the way to take pictures as we see them, arriving at the Village Hotel in the evening. Dinner with a local family.
- Day two – Local walk around the village photographing villagers going about their day, cutting the hay, ploughing the fields etc. Lunch out in the fields with a local family working the land. We head back to the hotel early afternoon where you can relax, edit pics or carry on walking around the village on your own. Dinner with locals, so take your camera, you never know who we will meet or what animal will walk into the kitchen.
- Day three – We meet all together and hook you up with your local family. We try to find ‘subjects’ of similar age who are learning english and who will be your entry into their family. We take you around and have a Romaniain/English speaking person to explain what you want to do and how you will work with them over the next few days to get the shots you want, at the same time as doing some nice family portaits in return for them helping you.
- Day four to seven – Depending on the time of year, weather and what yourfamily is up to, you go out and shoot all day, having lunch with your family where ever they may be. Dinner in Breb as a group.
- Day eight – This is where you do your final edit. You chose, 10, 20, 50 pics from the whole week and we edit in Picasa/Lightroom, constantly taking out pictures that do not tell the story your trying to tell. I help you with choosing the right pictures for you until you have your final set. Lunch locally and in the evening each person presents their set to every one else on a projector. Dinner locally.
- Day nine – We leave Breb in the morning and take the micro bus back to the airport, stopping on the way for some pictures and lunch. We arrive in Cluj early evening and book into our hotel for then night. Dinner out locally in Cluj.
- Day 10 – We take you to the airport after an early breakfast and see you on your way 🙂
The cost for the 10 day work shop is €700 per person, this includes all transfers, all accommodation and three meals a day. Minimum 7 people. Any extra places booked over 7 people are charged at €650 to 10 people and after 1o is €600 euro per person. So if there is 15 people in your group, the cost is €656 per person. If you want to book a micro bus for they day to go out of the village and see more of Maramures, you can do this at €200 per day extra for the entire group.
If your group size is more than 10 people, one teacher is able to stay at the Village Hotel including all meals at no cost. Any other guests accompanying you on the trip that are not in the workshop can stay for €30 per night including food.